Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A LITTLE CLEAN UP.....

I have a desktop on my computer much like the messy desktops you can NOT see in my office ...
Covered in in an eclectic mish mash of stuff. My PC desktop  infuriates my IT husband who has given up commenting but I believe he thinks it  looks like image scrambled eggs !!!
so,
Even though it all makes perfect sense to me...
I have decided to upload all the random images I have cloggin up my  our computer.
Hopefully if I post them here for your to perusal and viewing pleasure, 
and so I can also PIN IT them.
By placing them on my PINTREST boards I can then delete them off my computer....
what sort of an animal is a PIN IT  or Pintrest you ask?

What is PINTREST?

Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.
(very much like where I once had a memory I now have the 5 notice boards that fill my kitchen...
a case of art imatating life yet again!!!  any doubt I am a visual person! LOL)

Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web.
People use pin boards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.

( OR in my case....hoarde random images that may inspire a scrapbook page,
a crafty thing or even a "someday" tattoo)
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people.
Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and
get inspiration from people who share your interests.

(TRANSLATION ... another way to loose a day
 dreaming and steal images that you like from others boards!!! LOL)

Its simply a matter of signing up and adding a link button to your web browsing page
Hmmm that's a bit techno speaky ...

put simply...
Here's an example of how it goes for me...

I have a little button on my google toolbar that says PIN IT

I see something I like and I click pin it

A message pops up and asks what pin board I would I like to save the picture
I click the appropriate option
(eg inspiration, shopping, links to remember to read later when I have time!)

and it saves it to a storage file in cyberspace and best bit its FREE!

CLICK HERE  if you would like to officially know more

COOL HUH?!!!
HOARDERS, LIKE MYSELF
EVERYWHERE... ARE UNITING TO CLUTTER UP CYBERSPACE!!! LMAO!



MY FAVOURITE SHIRT JUST BEFORE IT DIED ...INSPIRATION COLOUR /DESIGN


MAE WEST

WHO I 10 years ago who'll have been most likely to turn for....
KD LANG (still luv her even though shes gone all alnatural!)

awesome picture of Germaine Geer back in the day

KD Lang of my fav album

Inspiration for ATCs

cool type face??!!!

THE hairstyle I WANT!!! different colours though

just because I cant wear em doesnt mean a girl cant dream!

just in case anyone needs a golf ball on their next fathers day card ...
dont know how or why its spining!!! LOL


I love the LOOK on the left hand side most but the right is my fav groovy orange!

REAL woman fashion ...wish I knew someone who could sew! LOL



love the purple colour and the boots!



***sigh*** Id a had this shirt cept it didnt come in "WHOA MUMMA" size!
do yourself a favour though and google GYPSY JUNK shop
awesome awesome LOVE ths online cowgirl repurpose shop

Everyone needs an ear image .... dont they? LOL
well they are very hard to draw and even harder to make in clay so heres one for future reference. 




***sigh*** David Tenent EX DR WHO and lust of my life
who forsaken all DR WHO fans leaving to go and "do real theatre"..... pish posh!!!

Interesting bird mythology to use as background paper
cause if I do a newsprint background its even better if it has some relevance to the creation ...
obviously whatever this goes on will have something feathery and nesty on it!





LOL


Handy to have ready for a Facebook posting! LOL



just cute!


LIKEY!!! WANTY!!!

My kinda colours!!!

INSPIRATION....To be re baked at a later date

LOVE THESE FROM PRIMA WISH I HAD A TRUCK LOAD!

MMMMMMmmm! LIKE!

colour INSPIRATION!

welll....gosh I said I hoarded images.... I dont know
maybe I saved it for Travel ATCs...yep THATS IT????!! LOL


This is just stunning just LOVE it!


I loose this recipe at least once a month lets see if I cant keep it PINNED!


Great recipe if you have a day to waste! YUMMY but ...

WANT LOVE!!!

WANT LOVE!!!
ANYONE KNOW WHAT BRAND THEY ARE???


 
will one day make these for a mothers day stall or just case they are so darn cute!
made out of a painted terracotta pot and some felt and stuffing!



Just love METAL EMBELLISHMENTS!!!!

just would love a "display" of little smooch inks
Gorgeous inks even gorgeuserr (sp??? LMAO) packaging!

love this image especially in the tattered angels acrylic stamps I have!!!


 THE detail in La Blanche stamps IS DEVINE!!

SERIOUSLY!!!

TRY THEM....
BUY THEM at...
( never let it be said I missed an opportunity to plug awesomeness!)
along with these designery stamps I love Stampotique, Darkroom Door
andddd Mr Holtz come on down..Tim Holtz/ Stampers Anonymous stamps!




MY grandmother knew me too well I took ownership "insulted"one christmas.
Now, like the rebal I am...I proudly display it ...dust and all! LOL


ATC was based on this researched image


wasnt she beautiful! I have a "wow" woman image  file to draw from
That old hollywood era just enchants me!

this was a rita painting I like to look at the light and shade in this one



MY HOUSE DECOR SHOULD BE THIS
WITH A SPRINKLE OF turquoise or light cobalt blue



HOW COOL IS THIS IDEA!!!

love coloured silks!!!



omg bob dylan poster LOVE the 60s- 70s
art nouvo influences so groovey should been born 20 year earlier so
I coulda tuned in and dropped out! Least Id had an excuse!!!! LOL

dont know where this image came from looks Graphic 45 ???
But isnt it SUBLIME!!! ATC fodder???

I have a half started mixed media montage to illustrate
Lullaby- Billy Joel this was an inspiration image for the line
"And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark and deep
Inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me"
beautiful song written for his child
the picture was ment to be made for mine but never got finished cause
I out grew it technique wise and welll...Daniel definately has outgrown it 14 years later. I keep it around under a bench to remind me the mixed media chick was always there before she even knew what it was she was sorta doing it !!! Oh that and I used to sing Daniel to sleep with that song ....hmmm thats probably why he would just cry and stay awake! LOL food for thought!

 

I have used this image with medusa etc on ATCs in the past
I have a desire to pursue my two favourite mythologies Ancient Greek and Egyptian
by one day going to greece and egypt just about a week after I win lotto I reckon.... ;)

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong (n sorry if I am!) but I think this is a Laurie Mika artwork or definately inspired by! LOL my baddd!
I loved the colours, patterns and textures of this clay tile mosaic...
yep...***sigh*** again with the ...one day I want to do this!!!
Isnt it beautiful!!!

I emailed her ages ago ( like a year or more ago! LOL)
 and asked her if I could put up an image or two along with a link to her work....

HERE IT IS... 

I have to say PLEASE PLEASE go and look at this website
your eyes will have an absolute feast looking at the exquisite work Laurie does
*****envvy admire...turning green!)***
 I think last year she did a retreat here in Australia Heart N Soul
(shhh too xxxy for this no incomer sahm ***sob**)

okayee....
 well... 
***realise N giggle*** 
...enough office mess avoidance for one day.....

:)


No comments: