Tuesday, November 23, 2010

OH DEAR ....POOR NEGLECTED BLOG

FB has alot to answer for LOL ...mainly leading me astay and "making" me neglect me poor dear blog

SO AS QUICKLY AS I CAN I'LL CATCH YOU ALL UP...
AUG/ SEPTEMBER

MORE OF DANIEL's BIRTHDAY....
Just before the holidays Daniel had a sleepover party where he had 6 13 year old mates stay over and ....we survived I just know to order 8 pizzas for tea instead of 4!!! Apart from the Wii game of death blood and destruction the were hell bent on playing ...they we all well behaved lovely kids. :)



Shutting my eyes pretending I am not seeing the bloodshed as the boys are playing some shot'em up game with a "live" connection through the Wii.  This is the future sitting here... these tecno savvy boys are set to reprogram the world ...you can already see that at 13!!!

Just sat in the corner of the room and soaked up the 13year old boy chat as they discussed how Baily ( IT genius) hooked up his laptop to our TV and they listened to music what they liked and didnt. I was terrified of aggreeing to that must testosterone in my house but they were brilliant kids and it was really interesting and great to see Daniel interacting with his peer group. ( what a nerdy motherish thing to say! LOL)


BOOK WEEK PARADE!!!

The boys created their own outfits Jarreds a boxing kangaroo, in a dog/kangaroo costume I made for Daniel,  fished out of the dress up boxes and Connor ...well an army comando sheshhh again! when will this whole obsessive army "phase" be over!!! LOL

This is BRODIE CHAFFEY our friend and neighbour from two doors up  in a costume his mum and her friend made AWESOME eh!!!
Then onto...


FATHERS DAY LUNCH

 
My Father in law and MIL with their youngest grandchild, Alex... with my cheeky  jarreds arm thrown in for good measure!!! Thats my performer never liking not being the center of attention!!! LOL
This is my husbands brothers daughter, Sarah, the cutest niece an Aunty could ever have. Although I used the term Aunty lightly... I've never babysat or done half the things a good Aunty should do. I have always dreamt of having a niece you could take shopping, giggle with and buy pretty things for. Tickle, play hairdo's and paint fingernails with and just generally make feel special. Does make me more than a little sad because I always had all intentions of spoiling this little girl. I guess it was only some desperate attempt to make up for the lack of girl factor in my life...but thats how life goes we get busy/preoccupied with our everyday and before you know it you only get together on special occassions.

SEPTEMBER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ...

Hubby went down the coast with my mum and dad to help out
with some house improvements on their holiday house.
Dad and Dave built a beautiful deck
we stayed home and built .... THIS!!!

A GIANT PAPER MACHE BIRD!!!
We found the instuctions on the net but we could have made him a bit better
 if we hadnt gone "off the plan" and made it "our" way never the less Jarred and Katie
(Katies one of my faux daughters, a nieghbours daughter from across the road!)



Going "off plan" Instead of building the whole bird  by taping balloons and paper towel rolls all together and paper maching over it all  as the instructions instructed didn't really work well for our bird! LOL we made all her "bits" separately! Then surprize surprize after three days work from Katie and I (oh and occasionally jarred!) nothing would stay stuck!!! LOL

Please DO NOT note the gaffer tape "corset" birdys wearing to hold her legs onto her  body!!! I only mention it because it particularly stung as it covered up our beautiful paint work!!! Which was hilarious and a lesson in itself ... don't let children just pick paints straight off your art shelf because they will, as I found out pick one of your most fav' slightly $ly jo sonja colours...  vermillion orange! LOL Never mind I am the biggest kid in this equation and I, in all honestly wouldn't have
settled for Norwegian orange either!!! RAOTFL

So then I asked jarred and Katie
what wonderous thing we would do with "our" bird?
Would they use  her as a room decoration?
Would we display her some where?

How would they work out their "shared" custody arrangement???
SO they went away and discussed it and a decision was made.

It was a unanimous decision,
 whole heartedly and MOST enthusiastically
they decided that they would
Invite the neighbourhood kids
and ..........

TO CELEBRATE THE LAST DAYS OF THE HOLIDAYS, THEY WOULD HAVE A  ...
 A PINATA PARTY !!!!
OH YAY!!! LOL



It was worth every minute...They all had a BALL!!!

So the new term started back at school (phew!) and about three weeks later
I finished cleaning up the shed from our "crafting" efforts!!! LOL

:)


1 comment:

TV Shopping said...

Hey all the costumes of kids are really very good. All are looking very cute. The Blog is quite informative too. Thanks a lot for sharing such an wonderful post. Keep up the good work.