Friday, June 18, 2010

JUST ANOTHER DAY....

I had a lovely email  a while ago from a creative friend of mine. In this letter she was kind enough to ask how the boys and I were, and had we had the nasty storms and wet weather?

I don't know whether I was venting or ranting in my comedic way but either way I hope she got a laugh. I'm sure she wont mind me me entertaining you all....I though I would share a portion of my reply....
Dear Gorgeous gal....

The boys are ...well.
Next question...

Daniel's in some trouble not adapting to the actual learning/homework side of high school. Having a ball socially, but despite being recognized as gifted some deficits in his attention are being mentioned. They are suggesting taking a closer look ... I am so not into labeling children but I'm at my wits end.


Connor my budding mixed media artist has become an outlaw since getting NERF guns for his birthday (see blog: http://passion84paperart.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-was-repeatly-shot-in-head.html) all he does now is play with army men with his mates, shoots TopKnot pigeons off the power lines in front of the house ...oh and his brothers repeatedly!!!


God, I hope this is a phase that passes quickly!!! And Jarred well...well he's going through a scream like a tormented tantrum chucking 2 year old phase ...again I love him but for my sanity's sake...god I hope this is a phase that passes quickly!!!

Shoulda stuck with well, shouldn't I...even next question maybe! LOL


Yes, we got rain all weekend, backyard flooded, kids were stuck inside . SO bearing in mind what I just conveyed to you I decided it would be a good idea to invite the lovely but slightly ineffectual grandparents over on Sunday for lunch??!!! (I'm just glad nowadays Dad has stopped saying "they need a sore bum" or "tan their hide")

Lunch was getting later and later, due to constantly stopping and starting while disciplining and timing out the children. A stubborn vegebake that wouldn't bake. As well as a specially requested last minute side order of cauliflower and broccoli in cheese sauce and last but not least a delusional husband playing MASTERCHIEF telling me how to cook things lunch, didn't make it to the table till 2pm! So much going on and that was even before the oven caught fire...yep I am NOT JOKING!!!


We had almost finished dinner when I started to smell a strange "toxic" kinda smell. I assumed it was the mothers day candle that connor gave me we had lit on the table. Much to his disgust I gently explained lunch would not be very nice if we all got sick from breathing in the burning plastic and put it out. well that's what we thought....as I turned off the oven I realized the desert, Butterscotch pudding boiled over and spilt onto the bottom of the oven I then thought that was what the smell and smoke was all about.


It wasn't till a haze of smoke started to appear we realized Hubby left the grill on flat out by accident and it wasn't the candle or the butterscotch burning to the bottom of the oven. We realized too late it was the paint burning off a pan left under the grill as it started to smoke and stink the house out with toxic fumes...or should I say PLUMES. To which DH's reponse was to blame me, put the air con on and open every window and door.... lucky I had plenty of throw rugs handy!!!


oh oh oh and to top it all off I got stuck with the dishes cause the dishwasher was broken while they all watched a DVD !


OH OH OH ( hang on to your depends gals!!!) I gets better....to top it all off we went to buy a new dishwasher today. It cost twice as much as we thought. We reassured ourselves we did the right thing, it had a good energy and water rating. I did do the drive home worried because we didn't buy the extra 4 years warranty and maybe we should have but it was a really good brand so I was reassured we probably wouldn't need it....


On pulling into the drive I saw my husband, who'd brought the dishwasher home, looking dejected and stressed. He went to put it in "the hole" in the kitchen and .......its too big by 10mm!!!

So now its such a bargain we cant take it back, of course....we'll just have to build a new kitchen to fit it in...
its going to sit in the corner of the family room until our "someday" new kitchen can be planned and arrive!!!

GOD, EVEN HAD A GUY ESPECIALLY PLACED DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF US, BUYING A DISHWASHER.... WITH A TAPE MEASURE DISCUSSING WITH HIS WIFE ON HIS MOBILE HOW NONE OF THE DISHWASHERS SHE LIKED WOULD FIT IN THEIR " HOLE" OMG


LOL and we wandered round obliviously going " oh I don't like that one you can see the fingerprints on it!!!"

BUT THANKS FOR ASKING...weekend was fun and we're going good as entertaining as always! LOL

Well I'd best love ya and leave ya..
(MWAH!)

afterall...
I still have dishes to wash up in the sink! :)

MY KINDEST REGARDS...


Marcy :)


p.s. did I mention I need a holiday or a lobotomy :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


LIKE MY NEW DISHWASHER...
EVERYTHING FINDS ITS PURPOSE IN LIFE!!!! LOL
My new beautiful expensive clothes horse!


:)

3 comments:

Tiff Firth said...

Marcy. my DH used a sheet of really thick ply cut to size for the dishwasher to sit on. screwed on caster wheels, used a hole saw to fit the feet of the dishwasher onto the board so it doesnt shift and viola, a moveable dishwasher. He did some magic with the hoses and a paricular tap fitting so we could clip on the connector and unclip it after the cycle was finished and then pushed the dishwasher out of the way.

hope this helps???!!! maybe.

Lille Diane said...

Oh my goodness, Marcy... you need your own reality show! I'm serious. LOL I'd watch it. You have a great sense of humor about everything. I adore you!

Kirsty said...

Ooooooh man...I am NOT laughing I promise...hehehe
I hope you get your dream kitchen!