Monday, September 28, 2009

OMG I AM SO DARN PROUD OF MY BOY!!!!


We went to the raginest (Its okay mum, I know theres no such word!) event of the century on the weekend the...Temora rural show!!! The weather was discusting, wet and cold with an estimated top of 10 deg's, I dont think. Add to that showies charging $7 a ride, nagging kids, showground mud under your feet and dirt in your hair from the icy tornatoes , and you know what ......I'd brave it for a week to see the look on my amazing artist son Connors face when he realised he'd won first prize!!!




Connors grinning his head off, Jarreds not sure about the fuss his mums making!!!LOL
Just below this type is "the AT AT" out of star wars that Connor drew and got 1st prize for!!!
bellow that is his stagecoach and saloon picture.
Please do click to open this pic the AT AT needs to be seen to be believed!!!



The green ribbon was his 3rd prize for a drawing of a sailling ship.
 Dirrectly under that is his dragon pic.
The motor bike in the middle was his,
as too was the racing car in the bottom left (mums fav!)
Something just kicked in about a month ago and I cant stop him drawing up a
storm even if I wanted to.
Hard to believe this is the boy I worried about who
wouldn't  draw or even hold a pencil before he went to school.
Now hes the youngest kid in 10 specially selected children at his school
 in an art enhancement program!
( yea I know brag, brag, brag! Got to where I can..trust me!)


So in summary he enter five drawings and  won the under 8's art catergory
at the show and got third as well in the same section!!!
He was so EXCITED!!!
I AM SO PROUD!!!
 ALL ROADS LEAD TO THE LOUVE!!!
LOL
And to top the day off a great feed at my mums for tea and
my MIL bought me an amazing vanilla sented candle I'd been eyeing off!

oh and Connor was stoked he got a whole $1 prize money! RAOTFL

:)

1 comment:

kchambo said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. Go Connor GO!! I admire anybody who can draw and man, can you get that kid into a program or something? Amazing talent for one so young! Great job. I REALLY liked the sailing ship too. Keep drawing.
K